New to the Neighborhood

Hello, my name is Danyelle and I'm a wedding addict. What? This isn't Wedding-Addicts-Anonymous? Oops!

Seriously, I truly love weddings. My husband and I worked at our friends' wedding planner business when we were newly-weds. We did everything from bridal fittings and cake tasting to reception plans and honeymoon getaways. I've also attended seminars on color-draping, make-up, hair designs, and clothing types.

But the real reason I love weddings is because I'm a true-through-and-through romantic. When I was little, I fell in love with Cinderella and Prince Charming . . . and to this day, I continue to dream about happily ever after.

Every time I get a thick, padded envelope in the mail, I cross my fingers and wish for a wedding announcement. I love marking bridal showers, weddings, and receptions in my planner. I just can't help but feel giddy and excited.

Aside from a wedding junkie, I'm also a wife, mother, and writer. I spend most of my days alternating between changing diapers, running kids to activities, and typing like a mad woman at my desk during precious "quiet" moments. But I'm happy to say that my little girls are just as in love with Cinderella and happily ever after as I am.

When Candace Salima told me YourLDSNeighborhood needed a wedding blogger and asked if I'd be interested, it was all I could do not to jump out of my chair as I typed back, "Yes! Yes! YES!"

I have big plans for this blog. And don't even think for one minute it will be boring. Oh no! I have a huge list of topics to explore. Everything from pre-engagement to happy newly-wed status and everything in-between. More serious topics will be discussed such as getting remarried and what to do when your non-LDS family can't attend the wedding. In fact, I have so much to say that if you have a question, please email me and I will bump that topic up on my list.

I'm very excited to share my love for weddings with you . . . and I hope that through this journey, you'll share your happy stories with me, too.

XOXOXO-

Danyelle



Click here to return to the Neighborhood. And while you're there, be sure to sign up for the yourLDSneighborhood newsletter!

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Clock Bridal Shower

A Note to My Readers . . .

And the Winner of the Blanca Bracelet Is . . .