A Sweet Email from Kimber


Yesterday, I received this awesome email from a From My Wedding to Yours reader. She said:

Dear Danyelle,

I wanted to tell you about the shower I threw for my sister-in-law. Thanks for the great help! I put together your ideas with several others, and this is how it went.

It was a "kitchen"-themed bridal shower. The centerpiece for the gift table was my gift to her - a basket full of kitchen necessities (canned food, dish soap, etc.). For the food table, the centerpiece was a vase full of kitchen utensils! I mostly chose tall ones (wooden spoons, spatulas, etc.) and mixed in a few little white flowers. It turned out pretty cute!

When it was time to open gifts, I used your idea - the person giving the gift read a question to her. She was able to answer the question while she opened the gift, taking a little bit of the "everyone is looking at me" pressure off of her while letting us get to know her a bit better.

Then, when the gifts were opened, I got out the vase of kitchen utensils and had each guest choose one. Each utensil had a "challenge" question tied onto it - I had interviewed the groom and her answer had to match his. They were questions like "What was the name of his last mission companion?" and "What is your favorite US city?" If she answered correctly, she got to keep the utensil. If her answer didn't match the groom's, the guest got to keep the prize! Well, that was the idea anyway. Everyone let her keep her prizes, even when she didn't answer right. (I went to a shower in college where we played this game. It was fun - since we were all poor college students, we didn't cut the bride any slack! We wanted those prizes!)

For our party favor, I gave each guest a heart-shaped cookie cutter with a brownie inside. That way they were able to get a treat, but they also had a little token that they would use again to help them remember the bride and groom. Wrapped in little cellophane bags, they were really cute!

Thanks again for your help! I hope I've given you an idea or two that might be useful at some point on your blog!

Kimber

I'm so glad your bridal shower worked out so well! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. And I just love your kitchen themed bridal shower! I'm sure it will inspire many other FMW2Y readers. Thank you so much for writing!

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Clock Bridal Shower

A Note to My Readers . . .

Wedding Paper Divas Contest Winner!