25 Random Things About Moi

YourLDSNeighborhood tagged me and asked that I share 25 things you may not know about me. How fun!

Rules: Once you've been tagged, write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 10 people to be tagged. Please link back to the person who tagged you.

1. I grew up in Pennsylvania.

2. I love anything made by Hershey's Chocolate Factory.

3. In high school, I took second place in the VFW Scholarship Essay Contest. Sadly, I didn't get any money, but I did get a cool certificate!

4. When I was 7 years old, I won the Flaming Foliage Future Miss Clinton County contest. I got to wear a crown and an incredible velvet cape lined with white fur and ride in parades. I think that started my fascination with princesses - leading to my love of Cinderella and Prince Charming! (Although I must admit that with my dark hair, I looked a lot more like Snow White.)

5. I LOVE Anne of Green Gables books. I every year I watch the first two movies (Anne of Green Gables & Anne of Avonlea) at least once, usually more like two or three times. I didn't like the third Anne movie though. It was very disappointing.

6. If you count all of my half-siblings, I have five sisters and four brothers. But lucky me, I only had to share a house with one brother and one sister!

7. My mom had cancer three times. The first time, it was kidney cancer. The next two times, lung cancer. She passed away when I was 19 years old.

8. I went to France as a foreign exchange student my senior year of high school. I lived in Rochefort, France. It was an eye-opening experience that made me truly grateful to live in the USA.

9. At my high school graduation, I received a four-year scholarship as a French major.

10. I went to LDS Business College and didn't major in French. :)

11. I still dream in French.

12. I met the missionaries when I was 16 years old. I was baptized on January 23rd, 1994. My oldest daughter was just baptized on the 15th anniversary of my baptism (her choice!).

13. I'm married to an incredible guy. When I was pregnant, he'd hold my hair back while I puked, then tried to make me laugh by telling me horrible jokes. Even though I was in no laughing mood, his effort was appreciated. Since then, he's acquired a huge selection of corny jokes I've heard about hundred times each - and over ten years later, he still makes me at least crack a smile. :)

14. When we got married, my hubby started calling me "Dear". I asked him if I had suddenly aged fifty years or what? He replied that he called me that because I'm so dear to him.

15. So I started calling him "Sweetie".

16. He now marks any gifts to me as "To Dear . . . From Sweetie".

17. We have four awesome kids - two boys, two girls.

18. Our oldest son was diagnosed with autism when he was 2 1/2 years old.

19. My hubby, myself, and our friend Karen Fairchild, co-founded Friends of Giant Steps, which is a non-profit organization that raises money to support the Giant Steps Autism Preschool in Orem, UT.

20. I am addicted to books. My favorite thing to do is run a super hot bath, light some fabulous candles, and soak while I read the newest book out by one of my author friends.

21. I have been writing short stories and poetry since grade school. I wrote my "first book" in 6th grade. It was titled, Electric Youth. (Any guesses why?) I gave it to my great-aunt for Christmas. She recently sent it back to me, thinking I'd get a kick out of it. She was right!

22. I love to write fiction - anything with a quirky female main character and a hunky male main character. And yes, it's all G-rated. Well, at least PG rated. :)

23. I also write non-fiction. I have a book titled, Teaching Special Spirits, in with Deseret Book right now. Still waiting for the verdict to arrive. Meanwhile, all my fingers, toes, and eyes get tired from trying to stay crossed.

24. I LOVE my freckles. And I absolutely love that my kids have inherited them, too.

25. I get motion sick. For our 5th anniversary, I got brave and decided to go on a cruise with my hubby. Every kept telling me that I wouldn't get sick because the ship is so big and all. Three days into the cruise, I discovered they all lied. No more cruises for me.

Now I get to tag 10 of my friends. Here we go:


1. Nikkicrumpet
2. Carolyn
3. Kathalog
4. KC Mom
5. Carrie
6. Sara Register
7. Devon Mylinski
8. De
9. Joni Gardine
10. Amy Marble

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Clock Bridal Shower

Spotlight: Wedding Paper Divas and a Contest!

A Note to My Readers . . .